January 2018 Update
Happy New Year!
As we begin this new year our prayers arise to Thee;
Oh, may we walk before Thee in love and unity.
How time so quickly flees! Oh, bind our hearts forever
With bonds that none can sever to Thee, O prince of Peace.
The Spirit’s wisdom grant us, that in the future days
We travel on Thy pathway in living hope and grace.
As beggars we abide rejoicing of salvation.
In heaven’s celebration we shall be glorified! (SHZ 58:4,5).
Another year has come and gone, and with it, many wonderful memories and reasons for thanks to our Heavenly Father. We also look forward and prayerfully make plans for the coming year. We see that the work of God’s kingdom continues to grow. It is heartwarming to see the support and generosity of believers in supporting the work. Without this support, the work would be in vain. Looking forward, we often wonder what plans God has in store for us. At the beginning of 2018, we prayerfully ask for God’s continued guidance and blessings. Yet, above all, the child of God has fervent hope that faith one day will be changed to eternal life in the glory of heaven.
Updates on LLC Activities
- The LLC congregation in Williston, North Dakota, has called Tanner Collette as a servant of the Word. Collette’s calling will serve the entire LLC.
We remember Tanner and his family in prayer, and wish them God’s abundant blessings.
- Planning is nearly complete for a new dorm building at Kamp Kipa. Once plans are finished and permitting is in place, construction is scheduled to
begin in the spring. The new dorm will replace three of the older cabins.
- Renovation work continues at SLC. With demo complete, work is now taking place to put things back together and have the main lodge ready for the 2018
camp season. Much of the work this winter will be completed by volunteers from congregation members in northern Minnesota. Plans are to begin construction
of two new bunkhouses and sauna building next spring, using additional help from members in southern Minnesota.
- With the 2017 LLC Update Tour complete, suggestions from congregations will be reviewed for implementation. The idea to establish an Opisto Alumni
Committee is being reviewed. It will be designed to help with fundraising to support future needs of the opisto scholarship program.
- An LLC committee is developing a video presentation of the recently-purchased 70 acres of land at Silver Springs. It will be presented in all LLC congregations
as an update and solicitation of ideas for future development of the property.
- Matt and Liisa Keranen are making plans to move their family to the U.S. from Finland. Matt will be taking Walt Lampi’s position as LLC Publications
Director beginning in July 2018. We wish Matt and Liisa God’s blessings as they prepare for this move.
- The recently purchased camp in Saskatchewan will be named either Camp Prairie Shores or Prairie Shores Camp. Renovation and updates to the camp will
continue over the winter allowing for a full camp season in 2018.
- With thankfulness, the LLC congregation in Elk River has moved into their new church building. Monticello is also making plans to begin using their
newly remodeled church building by mid-January. Both congregations are planning dedication services sometime in the spring of 2018. Additionally,
the Seattle congregation has asked a committee to study the possibility of purchasing 44 acres of land near Lake Stevens as future church property.
- We extend a heartfelt welcome to all to the 2018 LLC Phoenix Winter Services to be held February 22–25. The theme for these services is, “With God
all things are possible” (Mark 10:27). Services will also be held Wednesday, February 21, in Prescott.
God has given us a blessed time of work. May God bless our new year as only He can.
- December 2019 Update
- Alternating Periods of Struggle and Peace
- November 2019 Update
- October 2019 Update
- September 2019 Update
- August 2019 Update
- June/July 2019 Sister Organizations Meet to Discuss Cooperative Work
- June/July 2019 Update
- May 2019 LLC, SFC and SRK Joint Meeting
- May 2019 Update
- April 2019 Board Members Workshop