December 2017 Update
The angels once sang of the triumph of heaven on Christmas night.
They sowed into mother earth’s sorrow a radiant star-filled night.
That glorious hymn is resounding from each generation on.
It causes the heart-frost to crumble, my forefather’s as my own.
You hear it, O children, each Christmas, how one day our way doth lead
from trials to Christmas eternal and heavenly Christmas peace (SHZ 28).
On behalf of the LLC office staff, I wish each of you a joyous and peaceful Christmas season. Scriptures relate that many years ago the heavens opened and heavenly angels announced the birth of the promised Savior, “Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men” (Luke 2:14). The same joyous message of the gospel comforts the weary traveler yet today. Jesus promised His own, “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid” (John 14:27). May the message of God’s perfect gift to mankind be centermost as you gather with family and loved ones.
Updates on LLC Activities
- 108 LLC ministers joined the annual ministers teleconference originating from the LLC office, Nov. 2. Walt Lampi summarized current areas of discussion,
both joys and concerns. While God’s children have felt the attacks of the enemy, God continues to protect His kingdom and give strength to servants
of the Word to continue the work.
- Representatives from the Eastern Region congregation boards met in Toronto, Nov. 4. Similarly, Midwestern Region boards met in Rockford, Minnesota
on Nov. 18, where Jon Bloomquist introduced, “The Bible: Christian’s Faith’s Highest Authority and Guide,” as basis for the spiritual discussion.
The meetings also addressed terms for LLC Board members, camp board members, and region mission committee members.
- Watch for announcements coming soon regarding core staff openings for the 2018 camp season. Notices will be sent to congregations in the December-January
time frame. There will be openings for paid kitchen staff at HLC for the months July and August. A notice advertising for HLC Camp Caretaker and
HLC Kitchen Manager has also been sent to congregations. Interested parties can contact camp director Peter Kuopus for additional information.
Applications are to be submitted by December 31, 2017.
- The 2017 LLC update has now been held in all the LLC congregations. Your input and suggestions during the tour are valuable and will be used in future
- There has been positive feedback from the LLC Publications Week video which focused on “Music in the Life of a believer and the Congregation.” One
of the recently published CDs, “Rejoice This Happy Christmas Morn!” would be a wonderful Christmas gift.
- Subscription renewal notices have been sent out for the 2018 Voice of Zion and Shepherd’s Voice. Once again, we thank you for your
subscription, which helps to support the work.
- Rod Nikula, LLC Christian Education Coordinator, has informed us of his plan to retire in June 2018. A formal notice will be sent to congregations
advertising the position. If interested, please contact Elizabeth Juntunen or Eric Jurmu at the LLC office for additional information.
- SLC Renovation Update: Demolition in the basement is nearing completion; Excavation has been completed for the addition of the walk-in cooler and freezer,
with foundation work to begin soon; Main building septic system installation has begun and will be completed soon.
- In December, the Humanitarian Aid Committee sends an annual Christmas gift package to congregations in Ecuador, Togo, and Ghana. It is a needed and
well-received gift for believers in far-away lands. Year-end contributions can be made through the Humanitarian Aid tab, on the LLC website.
- It’s not too early to start making plans for 2018 LLC services. Winter Services in Phoenix are scheduled for February 22–25. Summer Services dates
in Snohomish, Wash, are July 5–8. Information will be published in the Voice of Zion and on the LLC website as it becomes available.
May we pause this holiday season to reflect on the many blessings that God has given each of us and spend time with family and loved ones. At LLC, we are also mindful of the generosity of believers who support the work of our central organization. I wish for each of you God’s abundant blessings in the coming New Year.
December 2017 Voice of Zion
- June/July 2020 Update
- Statement on LLC Camp Activities, LLC Confirmation Schools
- The Impact of COVID-19
- May 2020 Update
- 2020 LLC Summer Services Announcement
- Statement on LLC Camps
- Statement on LLC Summer Services
- Update on Evening Devotions
- Update on Sunday Schiool
- April 2020 Update
- Limiting Our Social Gatherings