February 2019 Update
One of the many joys of working at the LLC office is taking time to reflect on how God blesses the work from generation to generation. In planning for
yet another year, we rejoice over how God continues to guide and direct the work. He has given willing hearts to serve. One matter worth noting is
that 2019 marks 40 years of gathering at Winter Services in Phoenix. Year after year believers in the Southwest have graciously served guests traveling
from near and far to hear God’s Word and to enjoy fellowship of believers. The year 2019 also marks the first year that Summer Services will be held
at Silver Springs. May it be that God will bless services this year and for years to come.
As plans are made for the upcoming camp season, my thoughts turn to our children and youth. They are in the forefront of the battle and need our continued teaching and support. May God’s kingdom always remain a safe haven for them, in which God’s Word can be preached and taught and instilled into their hearts. May God continue to bless each of us and carry us safely to heaven’s shore.
Updates on LLC Activities
- SRK guest minister Pekka Tölli, of Sotkamo, Finland, accompanied by his wife, Aune, will serve at the 2019 LLC Phoenix Winter Services and visit various
LLC congregations during the winter preaching tour. Pekka is a retired principal, and Aune is a special needs teacher. Four of their six children
are married, and they have 15 grandchildren. We welcome Pekka and Aune and wish them God’s blessings on their mission trip.
- We extend a heartfelt welcome to all to the 2019 LLC Phoenix Winter Services, to be held February 21–24. The services theme is: “Fight the good fight
of faith” (1 Tim. 6:12). Services will also be held Wed., February 20, in Prescott. Additional information can be found on the LLC website.
- Also, please note, due to a need for larger facilities, dates for the 2020 Phoenix Winter Services will change from February to March 19–22 and be
held at a different venue. More information will follow in the coming weeks.
- The LLC Publications Department is hosting a Publications Workshop April 26–27 at the LLC office in Loretto, Minn. Our congregations' publication directors
and LLC Publications Committee members are encouraged to attend the workshop. Other interested congregation members are welcome as well. The aim
of the workshop is to allow those involved in publications work to get to know each other better, to learn from each other’s experiences and to
get to know even better their role in publications work in Zion. An agenda for the workshop has been sent with hopes that congregations will support
sending local publication workers to the workshop. Please sign up with Matt Keranen (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Lori Loukusa (email@example.com).
- Jesus’ own words, “Lo, I am with you always,” from Matthew 28:20, has been chosen as the theme for this year’s camp work and will be central in planning.
Periodic video updates will be sent to LLC congregations this year and will replace the longer Campwork-Youthwork Week video that has previously
- The annual Camp Staff Workshop and teleconference will be held March 7 at the LLC office. The focus of this workshop will be to support youth camp
directors. On March 16, a workshop for confirmation teachers and directors will be held outlining the updated curriculum and offering teaching
tips and strategies for this year’s teachers.
- Online enrollment continues for 2019 camps. It’s important to sign up early to ensure enrollment in the camp of your choice. The high number of applicants
emphasizes the significance of our camp program. May God continue to give direction to His work.
- Camps at a Glance is now available. Look for in it your local bookstore or download it from the LLC website.
- God continues to give increase to the work in His kingdom. Mark Haataja, of Menahga, Minn., was blessed as a new LLC minister on January 13 in the
Menahga congregation. We wish God’s abundant blessings to Mark and his family as he begins his time of serving.
- 2019 Summer Services Planning update:
~ Permanent power has been brought into the Silver Springs property. It will be used for general needs at Summer Services and will also supply overnight camping needs.
~ Final layout of the service site is complete, and meetings are being held with local agencies to assure safety and emergency needs are met.
~ Along with the 10-year camping sites, there will be ample room for others planning to stay onsite during services. Sign-ups will be available soon on the LLC website. As plans for services progress, our excitement grows!
~ A significant change in the service schedule is that services begin earlier, 3:00 p.m. on Thurs., July 4, and end on Sunday afternoon, July 7.
~ Plans are being made for a group Sunday school lesson to be held in the main service tent on Sunday morning.
~ Another addition to the schedule includes blocks of time dedicated to congregational singing. Each block of time will have a specific theme and will be recorded for future use.
~ The Monticello church is adjacent to the service site. It will be a comfortable venue for elders, with easy access and ample parking.
We are thankful for God’s continued blessings and protection. He has given us a time to work, and He has also blessed us with needed gifts, both temporal and spiritual. We pray for His continued care and direction.
- December 2020 Update
- November 2020 Update
- October 2020 Update
- September 2020 Update
- August 2020 Update
- Statement on HLC & SLC Youth Camps, Pre-Confirmation Camps
- June/July 2020 Update
- Statement on LLC Camp Activities, LLC Confirmation Schools
- The Impact of COVID-19
- May 2020 Update
- 2020 LLC Summer Services Announcement