March 2019 Update
With the festive 2019 LLC Winter Services in Phoenix behind us, we look forward to gathering for LLC Summer Services at Silver Springs July 4–7, 2019.
Services are always a time of refreshment and the child of God rejoices for such opportunities.
In preparation for Summer Services in an outdoor venue, many hours of planning and work have already been committed to making the service site ready. It’s not too early to start making plans to attend.
One significant change is the possibility of staying at the service site. Thirty-seven long-term camping sites have already been reserved. Additional long-term sites are still available. Reserve yours today by contacting the LLC office. An informative video on plans and camping arrangements will be sent to congregations in the near-future.
Updates on LLC Activities
- Many of the staff from the LLC office were able to attend Phoenix Winter Services February 21–24. The service motto, Fight the good fight of faith (1
Tim. 6:12), reminded service guests that when the journey of faith ends in victory, eternal rest is promised in the glory of heaven. The topic
of the Friday congregation and youth evening presentation was But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another. Jim Jurmu kept the presentation and Sam Roiko moderated the following discussion.
- Archived sermons and photos from Winter Services are available on the LLC website. Look for additional services coverage in the April Voice of Zion.
- A special program was held during services to commemorate the 40-year anniversary of Winter Services. We extend a heartfelt thank-you to the Phoenix
congregation which in cooperation with other southwestern congregations has served for many years. May our good God richly repay your service and
labor of love.
- Due to continued growth, 2020 Winter Services will be held at Desert Mountain Middle School. The dates will change from February to March 19–22. The
2020 planning committee and LLC staff toured the school and now start making necessary arrangements for 2020.
- The newly translated book, Christianity of the Heart, written by Seppo Lohi, is available in LLC bookstores. The book is a bibliography that
focuses on the historical context of the origins of the Laestadian revival.
- God continues to give increase to the work of His kingdom. Last winter, on February 4, 2018, Michael Ylioja, of Macrorie, Sask., was blessed as a new
minister in the Dunblane congregation. More recently, on January 13, Jason Parks of Saskatoon, Sask., was also blessed as a minister in the Saskatoon
congregation. We wish God’s abundant blessings to both Michael and Jason in this calling.
- Dedication services for Prairie Shores Camp in Saskatchewan are scheduled for Memorial Day weekend, May 24–26, 2019. May God grant His blessing to
- A Youth Camp Staff Workshop will be held on Thursday, March 7 at the LLC office with a web conference connection for remote participants. The topic
is: Planning for Your Camp.
- A workshop for 2019 Confirmation School teachers will be held at the LLC office on March 16. The focus of the workshop is implementation of the updated
confirmation curriculum and teaching strategies.
- Information on summer job postings have been sent to LLC congregations. There are openings remaining at all LLC camp facilities. Applications can be
sent to the LLC office until March 15. Also note that the caretaker positions at both SLC and HLC remain unfilled.
- Dates for the annually scheduled workweek at our camp facilities have been posted: Stony Lake, March 23–30, and Hasscib Lake, May 13–18. The Camp Facility
Directors rely on volunteers young and old to help with cleanup and make preparations for another camp season. All help is appreciated!
- Monticello will be the gathering place for the biennial Board Members Workshop April 13, 2019. As has been in previous years, the hope is that congregations
would support their board members and ministers in attending. The focus of the workshop will be on timely topics and spiritual concerns that we
are experiencing in North American Zion.
May God continue to bless His work as only He can.
- January 2020 Update
- December 2019 Update
- Alternating Periods of Struggle and Peace
- November 2019 Update
- October 2019 Update
- September 2019 Update
- August 2019 Update
- June/July 2019 Sister Organizations Meet to Discuss Cooperative Work
- June/July 2019 Update
- May 2019 LLC, SFC and SRK Joint Meeting
- May 2019 Update