October 2018 Update
As summer fades into fall we can reflect on the many blessings God has given His children. God blessed our Summer Services and meetings. At the LLC Annual Meeting, congregation delegates offered support and gave clear direction to our work here at the office. Another season of camps has passed and we pray that God will give increase to the seed that has been sown. Congregations are experiencing growth and God is blessing them with needed facilities. With the added growth and needs of our youth, camp centers are being expanded and renovated. Prairie Shores enjoyed its first full year of activities. We are working closer than ever before with our sister organizations. God has cared for the matters of His kingdom so well, and we pray for His blessings as we continue planning for 2019.
Updates on LLC Activities
- Over forty couples have signed up to attend the first LLC Ministers and Wives camp to be held at the Prairie Shores Camp in Saskatchewan, October 12–14.
- Between 400–500 young believers attended Peace Garden Youth Days. With thankful hearts, we continue to see God’s blessings on our young. May He continue
to give His increase.
- SRK minister Eero Nuolioja and his wife Hillevi arrived October 1 for a month-long mission tour on the SRK-LLC speaker exchange. We wish them God’s
blessing for their trip.
- Fourteen scholarship recipients for the 2019–20 opisto year will be chosen in October. It has been an important work form in God’s kingdom, as over
500 North American students have attended an opisto since the program began in the early 1980s.
- The 2019 LLC Summer Services kickoff planning meeting was held in Rockford on September 19. The meeting was held earlier than typical this year due
to the amount of planning needed in using the Silver Springs property in Monticello for the first time. This gives planning committee members from
both the hosting area congregations and the LLC opportunity to support each other in the work.
- 2019 Summer Services update
~ Final layout for the service grounds has been completed.
~ Trees have been thinned and shaded campsites are being established.
~ Dirt work has started to build field roads and level the areas planned for the service tents.
~ Plans are in place to bring permanent underground power to the site for utilities and RV camping.
~ Water lines are being buried to specified locations.
~ RV dump stations are being built utilizing the existing well and septic systems.
~ A local farmer will seed this fall to allow time for ample ground cover.
- At SLC, new patios and sidewalks have been completed around the main lodge. Work on the new bathhouse and bunkhouse continue with exterior siding and
painting being completed. At the same time, installation of sheet rock and painting is progressing on the interior of the buildings.
- This year there is a change in the long-standing Publications Week, which was earlier planned for October 22–28. Rather than designate a week-long
event, publications updates will be communicated on a regular basis to LLC congregations throughout the year.
- The annual ministers teleconference, originating from the LLC office, will be held November 1. This gives opportunity for ministers to gather around
matters central to the work and serves as a tool to maintain unity and love of the Spirit, which is so important in these times.
We ask for your prayers that God would continue to guide and bless His work.
- December 2019 Update
- Alternating Periods of Struggle and Peace
- November 2019 Update
- October 2019 Update
- September 2019 Update
- August 2019 Update
- June/July 2019 Sister Organizations Meet to Discuss Cooperative Work
- June/July 2019 Update
- May 2019 LLC, SFC and SRK Joint Meeting
- May 2019 Update
- April 2019 Board Members Workshop