Statement on LLC Camps
At the March 20 LLC Board meeting, a decision was reached to suspend all camp activities until further notice due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This decision was not easily made but it was felt to be the correct action at this time. We continue to monitor the situation and will resume camp activities when the situation allows.
Because the camp facilities have not opened for the season, we anticipate about a two-week window to get the facilities operational and ready for camp participants. At this time, activities planned in April at Stony Lake Camp are cancelled; this includes the LLC Ministers Camp, April 17-19 and the LLC Music Camp, April 24-26. We will provide an update on April 15 for the camps that are scheduled in May. Additionally, due to the fact that our elders are vulnerable to the virus, the SLC Seniors Camp, May 28 is canceled.
We continue to plan for the LLC Confirmation Schools as scheduled and will make a final decision concerning these events by June 1.
If you have already paid fees for activities that are canceled, they will be applied as credit toward other camp events. We can issue refunds also if you prefer that.