Confirmation Day 5: I Need the Word of Grace Each Day (L3)
Lesson 3: Internet and Social Media (Especially internet, cell phones, text messaging)
Objective: God has provided a useful tool to spread His word throughout the world; Believers need to battle against temptations on the Internet and through social media
Learning Outcome:Explain how Internet and social media support living faith
Confirmation Exercise Questions
Our tongue is one, it is quite small, / Yet what it does surpasses all: / A little word can be so great / And cause such pain, unrest, and hate. (SHZ 463 v.2)
But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth. (Colossians 3:8)
Additional Reference Material
Matt.15:11; Col. 3:8; James 5;
Additional Lesson Points
- It is not sin for a believer to use new technology.
- The Internet (email and social networking sites), cell phones, and whatever new may come along are communication tools. The Bible has much to say about appropriate communication for a believer.
- The Internet offers great benefit to the faith life of believers through the websites of believers, especially with webcast sermons and other resource material.
- God can/will help in fighting the temptations presented by the Internet.
- Students will be aware that technology (Internet, videos, music, games, etc.) also is an area for watchfulness in faith and that the enemy of souls also uses this tool to entice the believers into sin.