Confirmation Day 7: Mission Work: Go Ye Therefore and Teach All Nations (L4)
Lesson 4: Mission Work, Spreading the Gospel
Objective: God commands that we go into the world to preach the message of Christ to everyone; God leads and guides the work
Learning Outcome:Give examples of how God has spread His word throughout the world.
Confirmation Exercise Questions
#12. How does the work of Christ continue in the world today? Through the work of the Holy Spirit in His congregation.
When Jesus was trav’ling among us / He freely extended His grace. / He still offers hope and forgiveness: / “I want to rekindle your faith.” / He sent forth His spirit in us to abide / And gave us the duty to feed and to guide: / “Go, therefore, and teach in each nation and place / My word of salvation and grace. (SHZ 184 v.2)
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.(Matthew 28:19,20)
Additional Reference Material
Prov. 14:34; Jer. 29:7; Rom. 13:1-7; 1 Tim. 2:1,2; 1 Pet. 2:13-15; I Kings 3:7-9; Ps. 5:8; 17:5; 143:8, 10; Prov. 1:7; 11: 10,11; 29:8; Eccl. 9:18; Matt. 5:13-16; Gen. 39:1-9; Ps. 23; 34:7-10,15,17; 84:11; Prov. 1:33; 2:21,22; Nah. 1:7; Mark 16:18; Luke: 10:19; John 16:33; 2 Cor. 4:16-18; Gen. 1:27; Acts 10:28; 17:26-28; Gal. 3:28; Job 31:13-15; Ps. 33:13-15,18,19; Matt. 5:13-16; Heb. 12:14; Rom. 12:18-21; Acts 17:26, 27; Prov. 14:34; Ezek. 18:32; 1 Tim. 2:4; 2 Pet. 3:9; Ps. 34:14; Matt. 5:9; Acts 1:1-8; Acts 3; Acts 8:26-40
Lessons 6.5, 6.6, 9.2
Additional Lesson Points
- God wishes to fulfill His will in the various situations of societal life.
- Student will learn to ask for and seek God's will in various issues of societal life.
- God wishes that we confess faith in word and deed in different situations of societal life and thus confess their Lord.
- Christ's promises to be with His own every day, everywhere, also in societal life.
- God's creation people are equal, but at the same time different and unique.
- Student will try to develop his/her own and the group's attitude toward acceptance of other groups and cooperation with them without departing from the teachings of God's Holy Word.
- Student will learn to find methods for diminishing tension between groups, understanding here also the significance of asking and granting forgiveness.
- Student will learn to value his/her own national heritage as a gift of God, but at the same time relate positively to other nations.
- Mission work today is very much like the events recorded in the book of The Acts.
- Mission work happens in God’s, not man’s time, and He reveals where and when it happens.
I Found God’s Kingdom, SRK/LLC Book, a collection of believer’s stories
LLC Website:Neither Jew or Greek, B. Johnson, Winter Services, 2008