Confirmation Day 1: Welcome!
Lesson 1: The Most Precious Matter in our Lives
Objective: To know God and our Savior Jesus Christ is the most precious matter in our life.
Learning Outcome:Describe the purpose for my Confirmation school
Confirmation Exercise Questions
- Explain that the exercise questions will be asked on Confirmation day
- Direct students to the questions and answers in the back of the Student’s Booklet
This precious lot was given me / When I began this journey / And made a sacred promise here: / Lord, Thine I would be only. / Thy footsteps I will follow, Lord, / Confess Thy name here in this world / From Thy blest kingdom, Jesus. (SHZ 298 v.1)
Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them; (Ecclesiastes 12:1)
Additional Reference Material
Matt. 4:4; 6:21, 33; 13:44-46; Hos. 6:6; Heb. 11:1,6; James 2:19; John 10:9; 14:6; Rom. 5:1,2; 2 Cor. 4:6; Eph. 2:12,13; Col. 1:20-22; Heb. 7:25; 1 Pet. 3:18
- Lessons are based on the Bible and Martin Luther’s Small Catechism
- Instruction on the practices in living Christianity
- Guidance on living a Godly life, including life in the congregation
Additional Lesson Points
- Confirmation school helps a youth to believe in God
- Confirmation is a continuation of the baptismal teachings
- On Confirmation day students will confess the faith in God and partake of Holy Communion
- Christian teaching is based on God’s Word
- The Holy Spirit is needed to open God’s Word
- The Holy Spirit is found in the congregation
- Student will understand that only in Jesus Christ can man truly know God.