Confirmation Day 2: God, the Triune God
Lesson 1: God, our Heavenly Father
Objective: God is our Creator; God hates sin, but loves the sinful person
Learning Outcome:Explain how God created everything; Give an example of how God hates sin but loves the sinner
Confirmation Exercise Questions
#2. What is the most important matter in your life? To be a believer. Living faith. Getting to heaven. Having my sins forgiven.
#3. How has God created the visible and the invisible world? By His Word
We know that God is our Creator / Who made the earth and heaven by His Word, / The light, the darkness, land and water / He spoke and it was done; he is the Lord / Unseen or seen, by Him all things consist. / Praise God, who in eternity exists. (SHZ 208 v.1)
The Lord is high above all nations, and his glory above the heavens. Who is like unto the Lord our God who dwelleth on high. (Psalms 113:4,5)
Additional Reference Material
Gen. 1-2; Gen. 1:27,28; 2:18,21-24; John 1:1-3; Ps. 19:1-3; Matt. 6:8,25-34; 7:7-11; Heb. 11:3; Ps. 68:5; Col. 1:16; Isa. 43:1-4; Jer. 17:10; Job 14:5; Ps. 8:3-6; Acts 17:26-28; 2 Tim. 2:19; Ezek. 33:11; Exod. 4:22; Job 12:7-9; Job 34:11
Lessons 2.2, 3.2, 3.3
Additional Lesson Points
- God has created the universe and all that is in it.
- God has created man from the dust of the earth and gave him an undying spirit.
- God has created man, both male and female
- God knows all our needs, both temporal and spiritual, and provides all that is necessary.
- For those who trust in God the future is always open, for God in His wisdom guides world events and creates new things.
- God loves His children like a good father loves his own children.
- Everyone will have to answer for his/her deeds and omissions before God.
- While God is almighty and holy, He is, nonetheless, near us in His love.
- None are here by accident, but by the will of God, and that God takes care of him/her.