Confirmation Day 2: God, the Triune God (L2)
Lesson 2: Faith, a Gift from God
Objective: Faith is our connection to God, preserved in a clean and undefiled conscience; By Faith, we already own what we hope for, and believe in things not seen
Learning Outcome:Define faith and how to preserve it.
Confirmation Exercise Questions
Our Faith is the greatest of gifts we could own. / Through Christ we are given the hope of a crown. / Through grace He doth give us the strength to believe / When blessing in His name and blood is received. (SHZ 403 v.2)
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
Additional Reference Material
Hab.2:4; Matt. 6:30; Rom. 1:7; 5:12; 10:17; Acts 26:18; 1 Cor. 2:5; Gal.5:22; Eph. 2:8, 4:5, 6:16; 1 Tim. 1:19, 3:9, 6:12; 2 Tim. 3:15, 4:7; Heb. 10:22,23. 11:1-3, 11-6; 1 Pet 1:7
Additional Lesson Points
- To know God and our Savior Jesus Christ by faith is the most important matter in man’s life.
- A general revelation is not sufficient for knowing God
- Only in Jesus Christ can man truly know God
- Faith carries us to heaven
- Voice of Zion: Bible Concepts: What is Faith? Y. Talo, January 1993, page 13
- Voice of Zion: Faith of the Heart, L. Hakso, February 200, pages 4,5
- Obedience of Faith, E. Alajoki, LLC Winter Services, 1995
- Faith and Reason, J. Lehtola, LLC Summer Services, 1995
- Unity of Faith and Understanding , W. Lampi, LLC Summer Services, 2007
- Through Faith We Understand , K. Nissalä, LLC Winter Services, 2014