I. What Are the Sacraments? 1. What Does the Word “Sacrament” Mean? The word “sacrament” rarely appears in common language usage, but whenever it is used it is considered as a holy or important matter. One speaks of the “sacrament” of fellowship when emphasizing how important it is ..
My husband and I browse family photos, digital ones and paper ones. Our only daughter’s wedding is coming up soon, and we’re planning a slideshow to play in the background while we present our family program. I think about how it will work in practice. The groom’s family of seventeen will be the ..
For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world.—Titus 2:11,12 It is easier to understand what grace teaches us than what it means, and ..
1. Introduction We live in a choppy sea of disparate lifestyles, amid great changes. Moral change is that which most influences the human mind. In our time, a demand for freedom from anything that restricts a person’s inclinations and their fulfillment is emphasized. There is a desir ..
Mom, did you order those shoes for me? What’s for dinner? Mom! Come look at this homework. My friend has been waiting outside for a half an hour! Why didn’t you make rice porridge? I’ve asked for it so many times! Mom, check if my teacher posted information about the celebration! Where’ ..
Do I Feel Good about My Marriage? In giving a spouse to the first man and marriage to the couple, God included with these gifts two purposes. He, himself, had observed that it is not good for a person to be alone. Therefore, one purpose of marriage is that one would have a sense of wellbeing ..
It’s hard to say when the journey began. It began maybe years, even decades ago, and there is no end to the journey in sight. I became a mother when my children were born. Two years after that moment, I still don’t fully understand what motherhood is. As my children grow, the meaning change ..
1. Introduction The Fall into sin meant a tragedy for all of mankind. The rebellion against God corrupted the original order of creation and the image of God in man. From that originated the distorted and life-destroying effects of sin, foremost in man’s relationship to God and his neighbor. ..
In this issue we are drawing on a twenty-four-year-old presentation given by longtime servant of the Word and LLC Board member and employee, Peter Nevala. In his presentation at an LLC Ministers Workshop in 1994, Nevala, in a timeless manner, speaks about the precious gift of confession in our e ..
Am I under the Law or under the Grace and Truth of the Gospel? Years ago, I had several warm conversations about living faith with a nice, God-fearing co-worker. He told me how our earlier discussions had resulted in several changes in his lifestyle. For example, he had stopped drinking beer ..
- The Sacraments
- This Family Is Not Too Small
- Grace Teaches, but How?
- Original and Actual Sin
- There Is a Blessing in Children
- Parenting and Healthy Relationships
- Everyone Has Their Own Story: A Long Journey to Motherhood
- The Priesthood of the Believers and the Office of the Ministry
- The Grace-Privilege of Confession
- Good Choices Arise from Faith of the Heart