1. Introduction We live in a choppy sea of disparate lifestyles, amid great changes. Moral change is that which most influences the human mind. In our time, a demand for freedom from anything that restricts a person’s inclinations and their fulfillment is emphasized. There is a desir ..
Mom, did you order those shoes for me? What’s for dinner? Mom! Come look at this homework. My friend has been waiting outside for a half an hour! Why didn’t you make rice porridge? I’ve asked for it so many times! Mom, check if my teacher posted information about the celebration! Where’ ..
Do I Feel Good about My Marriage? In giving a spouse to the first man and marriage to the couple, God included with these gifts two purposes. He, himself, had observed that it is not good for a person to be alone. Therefore, one purpose of marriage is that one would have a sense of wellbeing ..
It’s hard to say when the journey began. It began maybe years, even decades ago, and there is no end to the journey in sight. I became a mother when my children were born. Two years after that moment, I still don’t fully understand what motherhood is. As my children grow, the meaning change ..
1. Introduction The Fall into sin meant a tragedy for all of mankind. The rebellion against God corrupted the original order of creation and the image of God in man. From that originated the distorted and life-destroying effects of sin, foremost in man’s relationship to God and his neighbor. ..
In this issue we are drawing on a twenty-four-year-old presentation given by longtime servant of the Word and LLC Board member and employee, Peter Nevala. In his presentation at an LLC Ministers Workshop in 1994, Nevala, in a timeless manner, speaks about the precious gift of confession in our e ..
Am I under the Law or under the Grace and Truth of the Gospel? Years ago, I had several warm conversations about living faith with a nice, God-fearing co-worker. He told me how our earlier discussions had resulted in several changes in his lifestyle. For example, he had stopped drinking beer ..
The mid-summer evening is cool and bright. The highway feels endless. Only a few moments ago I became the mother of a little girl, and my mind cannot handle it without bouncing between various emotions! Joy, apprehension, and confusion alternate. The woman who arranges adoptions in South Afr ..
There is great joy in believing all doubts and sins forgiven in Jesus’ name and blood. One is acceptable to God and has a living hope of eternal life in heaven. The congregation of God is seen as a golden candlestick. Jesus reminds us that in God’s kingdom, “the blind see, the lame walk, the lep ..
I remember a certain situation very well. One brother in faith, who was a little bit older than me, approached me and said that he had something to tell me. We had become friends before this and now I felt that he had something important to tell me. He wanted to discuss a certain matter in ..
- Original and Actual Sin
- There Is a Blessing in Children
- Parenting and Healthy Relationships
- Everyone Has Their Own Story: A Long Journey to Motherhood
- The Priesthood of the Believers and the Office of the Ministry
- The Grace-Privilege of Confession
- Good Choices Arise from Faith of the Heart
- God, Increase My Joy of Salvation!
- Warnings and Admonitions of Scripture