The COVID-19 pandemic has had a sobering effect on the entire world. During this pandemic, as in all times, we can say, “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble” (Ps. 46:1). We turn to God in prayer for ourselves and our communities. We pray for local authorities, nat ..
The Bible does not mention godparents, but the concept of godparents has existed since the time of the early Christian Church. At that time, it was mostly adults who were baptized, and one person was chosen to support the newly baptized in his or her Christian life and orient him or her to the d ..
Installment 14 of 20, translated from the book Christ Is the Same Yesterday, Today, and Forever: Writings on the Basics of Faith and Doctrine. (Ed. Ari-Pekka Palola, SRK, 2018) The law and the gospel are two central concepts in the Bible. The law declares God’s righteous will, and ..
- The Christian Congregation and the Kingdom of God
- Courtship Prepares for Marriage
- Tender Care and Commitment
- God Will Never Forsake Us!
- Being a Godparent Is an Old Practice
- The Law and the Gospel
- Work of the Holy Spirit
- Fasting and Penitence in Preparation for Easter
- Ponder the Path of Our Savior
- Rockford’s Ninth Graders Teach Sunday School for a Day