1. Introduction The Fall into sin meant a tragedy for all of mankind. The rebellion against God corrupted the original order of creation and the image of God in man. From that originated the distorted and life-destroying effects of sin, foremost in man’s relationship to God and his neighbor. ..
I. Freedom in Christ 1. Teachings of the Epistle to the Galatians Apostle Paul had visited Galatia on his mission trips. The Galatians had received faith with joy. Very shortly afterwards the news about Christians in Galatia became alarming. For this reason, Paul wrote a letter ..
As a theologian, musician, and educator, Martin Luther taught of matters close to the heart of God’s people. He studied the prophets and realized that music complimented their service to God. He saw in the psalms and canticles (hymns or chants), the desire to praise God and thank Him for His pro ..
Many readers of the Voice of Zion will know that Martin Luther wrote the Small Catechism; however, it is likely that relatively few know the context and history of it. Many may wonder why Luther wrote the Small Catechism, under what circumstances did he write it, or how did he intend it to be us ..
Mikael Agricola sought “genuine understanding of the Holy Book and of Christian doctrine” during his study tour in Wittenberg. Mikael Olavinpoika Agricola wrote a letter to Kustaa Vaasa (Gustav Vasa, also Gustav I) from his place of study in Wittenberg on Palm Sunday, 1538. The future refor ..
Half a millennium ago, Martin Luther was born into a world dominated by religious and political leaders steeped in antagonism toward the teaching of sound scriptural truths. It is not surprising, therefore, that marriage—an estate basic to human existence—was likewise a topic of exte ..
God’s Word has been “written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ.” The roots of the Catholic Church of Luther’s day are found in the Christian Church of the early New Testament period. Luther, a monk in the Church, began to see how it had strayed away from the teachings of God’s Word ..
THE REFORMATION’S MESSAGE This year marks the 500th anniversary of the Reformation and in particular the work of Reformer Martin Luther. The Voice of Zion will celebrate that important time in history and its profound meaning to our faith by a series of articles that will continue into 2018. The ..
- God’s Grace in Christ
- The Great Commandment
- Love Your Neighbor
- Confirmation Is SRK-LLC Mutual Work Area
- God’s Love Calls, Teaches
- Jesus Christ – True God and True Man in One Person
- The Gospel in Song
- LLC Summer Services: God’s Word Comforts, Uplifts
- The Bible – Highest Authority of Faith and Life
- Revelation: Source of Theology and Foundation of Doctrine